Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Shoe Time



Perhaps the best investment I have made this year is a pair of trail running shoes for my Winter running. Last Winter, in the limited running I managed to get in, I just used regular trainers and I suffered from the cold and wet as a result - not to mention the lack of traction I had.

Enter the trail shoes I am now wearing (pictured above). Increased traction and the water resistance means that the wind doesn't blow through them and slush, for the most part, is repelled. They are a little clunky, but that is a small sacrifice for the other benefits they provide.

Oh, by the way, I managed to get them for $59 at a local running store as they are a previous year's model. Cheap on the pocket book with plenty of benefits. I will never run in anything but trail runners outdoors in Winter again.

2 comments:

Steven Cohen said...

What a great idea! If I ever manage to get outside again (just lazy) I'll have to consider getting some trail shoes.

Keith Benoit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Halifax Weather