Thursday, December 20, 2007

Have you seen this man


Have you seen this man???? If you have, he is the one largely responsible for the existence of this blog. About five months ago, I was leading a normal life... my middle-aged spread comfortably expanding and my former levels of fitness quietly fading away. Anyway, the owner of the face to the left, a man who has run several marathons and whom I have known since childhood, challenged me to train for a marathon and said he would travel to my backyard to pace me for the race. With that, and only 8 weeks to go until the race, I began a crash training regimine to get me to the "Valley Harvest Marathon" in Kentville, Nova Scotia. As luck should have it, I managed to get through my training without injuring myself and true to his word Keith arrived to pace me. Anyway, after running the race, and being humbled by the effort involved, I am now hooked. The goal now is to build up my fitness to a level that our next race together will be just that.... a race rather than a casual jog for my "pacer". So I am using this space to share my thoughts as I begin my training to become a "Marathoner". The hope is that having this little blog will help me stay committed over the months to come, so feel free to come back and see how I am doing as I pile up the miles.

1 comment:

Keith Benoit said...

Your pacer friend is a handsome devil.

Halifax Weather