Monday, December 24, 2007

Rest... or the lack thereof

One thing my efforts in distance running thus far have taught me is that, outside of the runs themselves, nothing may be more important than rest. In recent months I have periodically had trouble sleeping and each occurrence of sleeplessness has had great impact on my training. Take today for example, I went for what should be a simple 5 mile run on my treadmill. However, the poor sleep of the night before - currently I will get to sleep without issue, however, will awake at about 2:30 am and not be able to return to sleep for a minimum of an hour - made what should have been a relatively easy run into something quite different. I found myself fighting the effort and feeling spent. Anyway, I did manage to get the five miles in... so mission accomplished. I just need to figure out a way to get all of the sleep I need.

No comments:

Halifax Weather