Friday, March 28, 2008

Now We Are Getting Somewhere

I have to admit that I was somewhat... well, largely skeptical when I read about Active Response Technique (ART) therapy on a running forum about a week-and-a-half ago. However, I was desperate, and as the old saying goes, "Desperate times call for desperate measures".

Well, I have to admit that my initial doubt is, thus far, unfounded. After 2 treatments I was able to run close to 5 miles without any discomfort whatsoever. Considering that just over a week ago I couldn't manage more than 2 mile, the bulk of which was painful, I think this represents significant progress. Things are by no means perfect yet, but at least I have hope of recovery on the horizon. One week ago, I would not have thought it was possible.

I am not ready to write about Tempo Runs or Intervals or Long Runs, but I now have hope that I am over the bulk of my injury with real training on my horizon.

3 comments:

Sonia said...

Awesome!! I remember I was skeptical too, and RM were the ones who convinced me to try it too! I'm glad it worked for you!

Sonia said...

Eh you won a prize on RM!! Congrats!

Steve Schumph said...

Thanks for the "Heads Up" Sonia. I was a little slow on the uptake for the prize on RM as I have been incredibly busy lately.

Halifax Weather