Monday, March 3, 2008

A Little Relief - log

Last week was somewhat promising. While my IT Band is still giving me some grief, it is a whole lot better. I was able to complete without difficulty all 4 runs I scheduled (20 miles in total) and was completely without pain on two of them. Last night, to add a little more stress and further test my recovery, I stepped up the pace a little. Up until now, I had been running at 7 - 7.5 mph on the treadmill and last night I increased it to 8 - 8.5. During the run, everything was quite comfortable and I easily finished the run. This morning, however, I do notice some pain in my knee - it isn't too bad, but it isn't quite fixed yet either.

So, all in all, I am doing a whole lot better and am looking forward to returning to my normal mileage/training in the not-too-distant future.

For those of you looking for an online training log, I would highly recommend the log running2win as it is a great site. The site has a great interface, as well as, forums, motivational quotes, and a variety of calculators. The service is second to none. A few quick emails back and forth to Mike at the site and he had my Runner's World data imported and up on their site.

No comments:

Halifax Weather