Sunday, February 24, 2008

TWIR



This week in running was somewhat disappointing. I did manage 3 runs for a total of 14 miles, however, had to abandon a run and really don't feel as if I am making any great headway. The knee still hurts and the issue does not seem to be resolving itself to any great degree.

Oddly enough, I truly find myself missing long runs. I used to typically do a 12+ miler on Sunday's. I found that a run that takes me over 90 minutes invariably gets me to a zone where I can clear my brain. As well, it was a great way to catch podcasts I don't otherwise have the opportunity to listen to. I find it to be particularly galling on a day like today, as it is 0 degrees, with no wind and not a cloud in the sky - perfect running conditions for this time of year.

Slowly creeping up on me is the marathon I was planning to run this Spring. Today marks the date in which I had told myself if I was not training seriously that I would put the idea of running the race to bed. Sleep tight - maybe next year. With 12 weeks left until the race, I don't foresee being able to pull off the training I wish to do. Last Fall, I trained for the Valley Harvest Marathon in about 8 weeks - my first marathon. Finishing the race, however, I vowed to have more respect for the distance, and for that matter my body in the future. With that in mind, I set out a 16 week training program for a Spring marathon. With 12 weeks to go, I refuse to chop off any more of the training regimen. I really have no desire to look as I do in the picture above again.

Looks like it is a Fall race this year.

No comments:

Halifax Weather