Thursday, January 29, 2009

Wednesday Thursday Training

I didn't post yesterday... not that I was a complete slacker. Last night I went for a spin class. The first time out last week I thought I was going to die, this time, however, things felt much better. It was if my body was now adjusted to a new sort of punishment.

Speaking of punishment, I did some intervals this morning... though not the ones I had originally set out in my plan. I had set out to do Yasso 800s, but for some reason, didn't feel like it this morning. So here is what I did do:

1 mile warm up
.5 mile @ 6:00 min / mile
.25 mile @ 9:12 min / mile
1 mile @ 6:19 min / mile
.25 mile @ 9:12 min / mile
1 mile @ 6:19 min / mile
.50 mile @ 9:12 min / mile
1 mile @ 6:19 min / mile
.50 mile @ 9:12 min / mile

I would like to be a little quicker at this point, but considering I was training last night, I will take it.

5 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Sounds like some great workouts!

Keith Benoit said...

Question is, where are you doing these intervals? I would suggest that anything under 6:30 is good in sub-standard footing. If you try to get closer to your performance "edge" on slippery stuff, you'll be gripping your groin faster than you can say "neeter".

Nice job! Yet another gauntlet thrown down.

Steve Schumph said...

These were on the treadmill. We had a storm followed by rain last night leaving a slushy, icy mess. It wasn't safe for man or beast outside this morning.

Steven Cohen said...

Nice Yukon Cornelius reference! Almost expected "bumbles bounce!"

I wondered how you managed those perfect numbers; a treadmill can do that for you. Great workout!

Steve Schumph said...

Good point Steven. As much as I hate a treadmill, it is awesome for hitting exact splits!!!

Halifax Weather