Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A New Form of Torture

Last night I went to spin class and it was, in a word, tough. Heavy on intervals - by the end of it my thighs were burning. Which leads me to this morning's workout. I, in hindsight, probably shouldn't have scheduled an interval run the morning after having completed a spin class, but it is what it is. So this mornings workout went as follows:

10 min warm up @ 10:00 min / mile
1200 meters @ 6:19 min / mile
2 min resting interval @ 10:00 min / mile
1200 meters @ 6:19 min / mile
2 min resting interval @ 10:00 min / mile
800 meters @ 6:00 min / mile
2 min resting interval @ 10:00 min / mile
800 meters @ 6:00 min / mile
2 min resting interval @ 10:00 min / mile
800 meters @ 6:00 min / mile
2 min resting interval @ 10:00 min / mile
800 meters @ 6:00 min / mile
2 min resting interval @ 10:00 min / mile
5 min cool down @ 10:00 min / mile

My legs feel like rubber right now, however, tomorrow is a rest day at least.



7 comments:

Keith Benoit said...

That's still pretty impressive. I feel myself at a deficit when I read about your spinning classes. I guess I'll just have to kick it into high gear on my hill workouts. And maybe I'll listen to the Triplets of Belleville soundtrack while I do.

Steve Schumph said...

Man - I don't know how many beats per minute that it, but I get tired just thinking about running to it.

BTW, is the photo on your site a photoshop, or is it real?

Keith Benoit said...

The pic is real. Sad, eh?

BTW, the movie, The Triplets of Belleville, is brilliant.

Steve Schumph said...

I have heard a lot of good things about the movie. I must really check it out at some point.

I am really curious to see what the spin classes will do for me as I am still in the formative stage of having it in my training. How I feel after Boston will be a good indicator of whether I retain it or not.

That said, in many ways, I don't plan on feeling good after Boston. I think the preference will be to leave it all on the road that day. Perhaps a better indicator of its value will be how you feel ;-)

Steven Cohen said...

that's a nasty workout! Are you on a track, or programming a gps watch?

Steve Schumph said...

Unfortunately, I am on a treadmill Steven. I would truly love to be on a track, but am not handy to an indoor facility and the current snow conditions have all of the outdoor one off limits.

Sonia said...

wow that's insanely fast!!

Halifax Weather