Thursday, February 7, 2008

Kneejerk Reaction

Well, the initial excitement has been resoundingly squished. As my physiotherapist mentioned that I could begin to run again in a limited fashion (4-5 miles), I set out to do just that ASAP. Buoyed by the news, I began a four mile run on my treadmill yesterday morning. I was only about 1/2 a mile in when the pain started to come back and I had to shut things down after 3 miles.

Hindsight being 20/20, I should have shut things down after the first pain, but for some inane reason tried to run through it. Yesterday, for the remainder of the day, the pain was agonizing at times and is still causing me difficulties today. Oh well, another lesson learned - listen to your body stupid.

Back to physio tomorrow and I'll update the state of my knee afterwards.

No comments:

Halifax Weather