Monday, January 21, 2008

Mixed Bag

I was out of town on business last week and went for a 6 mile run on a treadmill at the hotel. The run went pretty well, with no real sign of pain and I was feeling optimistic about recovering from my injury and taking on a longer run thinking I was over the hump.

On Saturday, I decided to take on a 13 miler and for the first 7 miles it seemed doable, however, the IT band or whatever it is that is bothering me, returned in spades to the point I couldn't go on after 11 miles. At least walking is not an issue as I had to do just that for the final two miles back to my house.

I just finished booking an appointment with my Doc for next week as it is high time to get to the bottom of this.

In the meantime, I have to reconsider my first major goal for 2008, the running of the Blue Nose Marathon as I will not be running it if I cannot train properly.

No comments:

Halifax Weather