Monday, January 7, 2008

Shazzbot!!!

I went for a easy 6.5 mile run yesterday after having run 12.5 the day previously. All was going well, however, mid-run I began to feel a twinge in my right knee. In an attempt to be prudent, I shut things down about 1/2 mile after feeling the twinge and noticing that it wasn't going away. Today, I can feel the same dull ache so tomorrows run may be in jeopardy. That said, it isn't the end of the world. I am still about 20 week's away from the marathon I am planning on entering and I just plan on taking it a little easy for the next while until the knee feels good again. I may go out tomorrow if all feels well in the morning, however, if things don't feel OK, I will take some more time to rest.

I guess the message here is to listen to your body. If it is telling you not to run you probably shouldn't. To try and continue on is likely going to cause more harm than good. So... here is hoping that all feels fine tomorrow, and if not tomorrow then sometime soon.

No comments:

Halifax Weather