Sunday, January 13, 2008

Wait Weight... Don't Tell Me

I was listening to an interview with Lance Armstrong after he had finished this year's NY Marathon explaining his large improvement from his previous entry. He went through a bunch of things including better training, however, he did also mention the loss of 7 pounds. He then went on to say that it is no secret why most of the elite male marathoners are in the 130 - 140 pound range.

Not that any of this is rocket science, but in my endeavor to be competitive with my childhood friend the next time we run a marathon together, I am endeavoring to take off some weight. During my first marathon I was 195 lbs.... hardly a light-weight at 5' 10". Since that race in October I have managed to take off about 10 lbs. I read somewhere that 1 lb lost equates to almost 1 minute over the duration of a marathon. I will hopefully be successfully putting that to the test this Spring. I have close to 20 minutes to make up so I am hoping better training and some conservative weight loss will help me get there.

Heads up Keith, there is a skinnier version of the old me in your rear view mirror.

;-)

No comments:

Halifax Weather