Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Whoa Nelly!!!

I woke up this morning at 5:00 am, my normal run time, all bright and chipper to begin my run. My knee felt good, and as a result, I was looking forward to continuing my base training. However, as soon as I took my first stride I knew my scheduled run was in jeopardy. I felt the same dull twinge that I felt on my last run. Nothing too intense, but I now know to shut things down when things feel amiss. So I am disappointed - I was bouyed when I woke up this morning and didn't feel any discomfort in my knee as I got dressed to run. However, those first tentative strides told me that it just wasn't going to happen today.

Perhaps this is a blessing in disguise. Since August, I have been training at a pretty steady pace. Maybe my body is just telling me to take a rest prior to beginning training for a marathon in the Spring. Who knows. Anyway, I am going to do my best to take it easy over the next few days and I think I will start to use my Ski Machine to cross train. I have been meaning to start using it... so perhaps this is the impetus I need to get started.

Time to rest, rest, rest ........

No comments:

Halifax Weather